This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomHall 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

St Pauli
    Participant

Until I started listening to this podcast, I never entertained the thought of meditation. Now, I can’t get the idea out my head. The thing is, I haven’t a clue where to start, what to do or anything to do with it. Any pointers/tips would be greatly appreciated.
    What benefits can you get from it? Is it a mental well-being thing or is there a physical side to it?

Kraken
    Participant

Hey,

There are a lot of different ways to meditate. I’d suggest that you try a few to see what works for you.

In my case I like to use one of several meditation tracks that either play music or nature sounds that I can focus on. The idea (for me) is to just let my mind relax while focusing on the track that’s playing or on my breath. Don’t get upset or discouraged about having thoughts, that’s normal and natural. If a thought comes into your head just watch it flow in and back out again.

You can start at 10 minutes or so and work your way up to 30 minutes or more.

Good luck!

Cryptophunk
    Keymaster

I really enjoy using the app Insight Timer. It gives you the ability to create you own meditations by using different gongs and timers. It also give you access to tons of free guided meditations. This would be a good start. Remembering that all you there to do is sit with yourself is the only thing you need to do. Don’t overthink it when you first start.

TomHall
    Participant

This was recommended:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.